30 December, 2003

All Your Base Are Belong to Us

"Monday night I saw the Flower Kings at the Hamilton Street Cafe in Bound Brook NJ. I last saw the FK (other than Saturday night) at the New Brunswick show in 2001 on the first Rainmaker tour. At that time I had been less than a month removed from a very difficult round of chemo and a stem cell transplant to try and stop the cancer that was ultimately killing me. I met the band, told them my story, which seemed to touch them (Roine and Tomas especially), got them to sign some stuff, and we went our seperate ways.

After the show Monday night, I walked up to Tomas and said, 'I doubt you remember someone you met two years ago, but I last saw you guys play at the New Brunswick show. At that time I didn't have any hair, as I was undergoing treatment for cancer. I told you how important your music was in keeping me going and positive, and...'

He stopped me and said 'Yes, I do remember. How are you doing?'

I told him I was two years on from the treatment, I was still going, and still listened to the FK's music to get me up when I was down. Honestly, I kind of feel as stupid as it may sound to some of you, that the Flower Kings helped keep me alive by keeping me up when I was at my lowest.

I told him this.

He signed my copy of Unfold The Future.

And then, when I held out my hand to shake his, he grabbed me and hugged me.

If anyone ever needs a reason to listen to the Flower Kings other than their wonderfully uplifting music, remember this tale :-)

Bill K"

Reaching leaning scratching vainly
Faces dancing locked lipped and between thigh secret
Briolette tears drip from frozen masks
As all those death row questions don't get asked


In the autumn of 1999, there was a spate of public revelations about Soviet spies in the United Kingdom...But how did these people get their instructions? Well, one way - and a method still used by many security services - is by coded messages on shortwave radio.

The thing about these messages is that they can be heard by anyone with a shortwave radio that covers the frequencies between the broadcast bands. They consist of groups of numbers, usually repeated several times, sometimes in English but also in Spanish, German, East European and Far East languages.

6-0-8-5-5-5-7-6-6-6

.- -. - - - - .- - - - - / ... - - - ..- .- -.


Comma comma comma comma
Commai commai commai commai
Commu commu commu commu
Communicate

No comments: