26 April, 2004

As Far As I'll Ever Get

My mind is in a very odd state, at the moment. Have you ever felt completely unhorny yet have a part of your brain going around making the rest of it feel guilty about it? There's this bit of gray matter going, "Why in the name of Christ are you not frisky?!?" Ugh!

While trying to sort out whether or not I should have an active libido, I got a call from one of my dad's neighbors - Phyllis. Her husband called yesterday saying that he had gone over to the house only to find no one home and called to find that the # had been disconnected. She was very friendly and described my dad as "unique", which really made me laugh. I also found her descriptions of trying to get my dad to go to church humorous and suspect that she thinks I'm a Xtian of some flavor. Little does she know that I inherited my old man's atheism. From some of the things she said, I suspect that my dad told her and her husband a fair amount about me. She said something about me being a good son for having maintained a relationship with my dad whereupon she proceeded to go on about having to live with the choices we make in our lives. Just before the conversation ended, Phyllis said that she hopes I can make it down there for the closing on the house as she'd love to meet me. I can only imagine what the old man told her about me...

Jules' entry about children really touched me. It also made me a bit sad as I suspect I'll never have any myself. I suppose that's why I've taken to Miss Regan so much. Being an honorary uncle is as far as I'll ever get.

No comments: