29 April, 2004

Gotta Pay the Piper Someday

I received a sad email from Miss Pamela today:

"hi! how are ya? i'm going to try to cut back on my SG time. i've had a slight scare. one of my friends who i get a little flirty with... well, his girlfriend found out and he's pretty devastated as is she. i feel kind of responsible. and now i'm thinking that i should cool it. i don't want to hurt bill or anything because i don't mean most of what i say on there. but things can really get misinterpreted."

How unfortunate. People sometimes overlook the fact that there's a person on the other end of a chat program or a diary or whatever online place you frequent. I know Pam. I know she meant no harm and has no desire to hurt her marriage whatever it's faults. I replied to the email but haven't heard from her since. I hope that she's OK and not getting too down on herself.

The pork chops turned out OK, I guess. The grill couldn't get any significant flamage going - I suspect we're running out of propane - so I wasn't able to sear the chops and keep all the juices inside. Still, the BBQ sauce was quite tasty and it's been ages since I've eaten applesauce.

I saw something really funny today. In a highly unsurprising move, I stopped in at Toad Hill for a road coffee on my way to the PC repair gig. I found The Caffeinatrix mowing the lawn. Nothing really unusual about this but it was what she was wearing which made me laugh. She had on the same clothes she wore while hawking her coffee earlier: a green dress circa 1968 with dark grey stockings. Plus a set of big headphones to protect her ears. She just looked so funny. As I was pulling out of the driveway, I looked at her and smiled. She flashed me a beautiful, big grin.

In the same way that Miss Voltaire's looks attracted me to her instantly, The Caffeinatrix's personality AND looks AND disposition and just everything about her drew me in to her instantly. I am incredibly grateful for her friendship and I hope that it lasts a long, long time. Maybe someday I'll be able to repay her.

No comments: