06 April, 2004

I Wish I Was...

Constance Rice, 2nd cousin of Condoleezza, our National Security Advisor, is on the radio now. She's wonderful! Witty, intelligent, charming, and a good sense of humor. I keep thinking "Why have I never heard her before?" It's refreshing to have a black woman featured in the media for something other than called to task on a terrorism or for bearing a breast on television.

Listening to all this lefty radio has given me the desire to listen to various songs of a similar nature. Songs that, in their own ways, encapsulate many of my own feelings on various issues and somehow represent my view of the world at-large. Maybe I'll spin a mix CD when I get home because I've got tons of tunes in mind.

Pilgrim's Address
What Colour is God?
The Perception of Johnny Punter
Credo
Vigil
Big Wedge
State of Mind
Don't Believe the Hype
Sound of Muzak
Bride/Living With the Big Lie
Hymn 43
Roots to Branches
Piece of Crap
Sweetheart on the Barricade
Grindstone
Feel Free
Maggie's Farm
Bulls On Parade
American Life

I'd also like to put some KRS-One on there and there's gotta be some blues too that escapes me at the moment. Maybe I could intersperse some interviews and spoken word bits in between the songs. Well, I'll figure that out when I get home.

Hopefully the funeral home will call with good news soon. I have this sinking feeling that the movers aren't going to call so I'll have to call them this afternoon. I also envision being told that they will not be able to make it by tomorrow as per our contract. It feels like I will never get home.

No comments: