03 April, 2004

Just Like Palmer E.'s Blues

When you're lost in the rain in Natchitoches
And it's Eastertime too
And your gravity fails
And negativity don't pull you through

Yeah, it's a Bobby Z. kinda night.

Aside from faxing and job hunting, I shook off my sloth and asked the next door neighbor if I could use his lawnmower. Of course, I did this with about 20 minutes of daylight left so I didn't get much done and what I did was littered with rocks and all manner of blade-dulling things. It proved to be a rather fortuitous encounter as, not only was the guy nicer than all get out, he showed interest in buying the house. And, to top it all off, he's got a 16 year-old son who is interested in doing the mowing until the house is sold. While this turn of events is quite pleasing, the mowing I did has made me a sweaty pig.

I had a some mighty tasty catfish for dinner. I've loved catfish since I was about 13. Mmmm...catfish...And, since my chocolate supplies had diminished, I bought some fudge cookies. It's bad enough being down here alone. But without chocolate - it's unthinkable.

No comments: