20 April, 2004

Nothing Night

I awoke this morning around 6:30 wanting to cry. While I couldn't remember much of my dream, it was the very end, which I did remember, that brought tears to my eyes. I was driving a pickup truck and my father was with me, though I could not see him. We were going down a dirt road trying to either get out of a town or get to a particular spot of safety. At the end of the road there were cars lined up heading towards the same destination we were so I stopped and turned off the engine - resigned to sit and wait with my father.

After getting dressed, I made my quotidian trek over to Toad Hill where I found The Caffeinatrix looking much like she had yesterday, namely, very tired. Again, she only got a couple hours of sleep as her hound was still ill and had been puking in the wee hours of the night. While she tried to get her boyfriend to clean up the mess so she could get some rest, he just rolled over and fell back to sleep. So The Caffeinatrix was in a pretty foul mood tinged with more than a hint of misandry. I played it safe and did my best to make her laugh. And I succeeded. Much to her chagrin, I had to bust outta Dodge a bit after 8 to shower before going to visit my accountant.

It was a bit odd meeting him for the first time. He's been privy to my financial data for a few years now so you'd think I'd have met the guy at least once. But you'd be wrong. From our brief phone call, I figured him to be in his mid-30s but he ended up being about 50. Not that it matters. He's got chutzpah and a very vivacious personality - really cool guy. After going over the succession paperwork, he announced that my tax situation looks fine. The sale of the house will be a loss for me and most of the assets are not subject to any taxes.

With the good news in hand, I zipped over to Tyrone's to snag copies of our commercial and his appearances on the news. From there, I went and bought a RAID controller which has solved all of the remaining problems with my computer. And so now I have got a Leadbelly concert from 1949 and a Sly & the Family Stone gig from '69 downloading. I've already snagged the last public performance of the Carter Family and a Psychograss show.

Our company got a call from a bigshot lawyer whose home computer is FUBAR. He's a local boy who spent some time down in Evanston, IL and returned to be the General Counsel to our ex-guv and current Secretary of Health & Human Services, Tommy Thompson. And we'll be glad to take his filthy lucre.

I watched School of Rock this evening and thought it was hilarious! I used to be a lot like that. All of the references to various rock bands was right up my alley. Kill Bill Vol. 1 and The Matrix Revolutions are awaiting me to view them.

I dunno. Tonight my mind has much to say but my fingers are a bit lethargic. Feel a bit lonely, a bit melancholy. Luckily, this Beatallica is making me laugh and feel better. Maybe I'll do some reading. First, I need to get me some more coffee...

No comments: