07 June, 2004

Edison Lighthouse?

I need to take a shower. Badly.

*sniffs armpit*

Very badly.

I spent the early part of this morning down at Toad Hill supping coffee and doing crossword puzzles. I am going to miss being like Norm when the time comes. After that, I ran errands. By this I mean I drove from one part of town to the other and back as I either couldn't find a belt for a belt sander or forgot something or other. Stopped in at CZ to get a refill of go-juice and say hi to Jolene. At the end of it all, I had a new bookshelf and new bedsheets.

The shelf is nothing fancy - just this pre-hoolied thing that stacks atop others like it, of which I have 3. Unfortunately, the one in need of a partner, though quite similar, did not come predrilled and ready to accept the mounting brackets. So I had to chisel out a couple bits and some holes. Lemme tell ya, I really did a fucking number on it. Thank Christ my hatchet job will face the wall. Ah well, it worked.

I went to some outlet store that The Caffeinatrix recommended to get my bedsheets. I've spent the last couple summers sleeping on flannel sheets and I was ready for non-winter gear. I walked in and found the section for bed sheets. Upon finding a flat sheet of a suitably gaudy pattern, it dawned on me that I would need one of those hoolies with the elastic bits that goes over the matress. But I couldn't remember what they were called so I was forced to be the stupid single guy and ask the clerk. Fitted sheet! While I had her attention, I asked her for help with the pillow cases, as in what color to get. She thought the turqoise would do me right but I ixnayed that idea - light blues just ain't me. She pointed out a nice tope or tan or whatever you call it and I snatched them up and headed to the check out counter.

I stopped at Toad Hill on my way home to show The Caffeinatrix my booty as she had asked me to. It was she that described them as being tope-colored. You didn't think I knew "tope" to be a color, did ya? She gave her approval and home I went. Once I was finished vacuuming up all the wood particulate matter from the carpeting, I reorganized my shelves and put on my new sheets. My room doesn't really look any better but I think I've managed to disperse all the books and music a bit more evenly. Here's a snap of it:



I've got too many fucking CDs. Notice the Tim the Enchanter doll on the top shelf. And my grandmother's pitcher & wash basin. Now here's my new bed linens:



I think the pattern is Alahambra. Vaguely Middle Eastern. Perhaps I should build a harem.

After my bedroom regained some semblance of order, Stevie and I started putting the new carpeting on the deck of the pontoon boat. Here's a shot of it in dry dock before we put on the shag:



I got elected to lay down the adhesive and I got the shit all over me. Much to my chagrin, the adhesive remover is not particularly friendly to human skin. As I scrubbed the trowel, my hands started burning. I could have done without the chemical burns to my knuckles but it got the trowel clean. I'm afraid to masturbate lest I get a few molecules of that nasty petroleum distillate on my pecker.

Today is Stevie's birthday so dinner was on me. Neither of us had much energy for going out so I ordered a pizza. Although not very special and it runs counter to the Atkins diet which he is on, Stevie was nonetheless appreciative as he worked hard today. And I suppose the fact that he was completely baked added to his hunger quotient.

Methinks summer has finally arrived as it was hotter than a French whore on dollar day today. My nutsack was hanging down to my knees and sticking to my thighs. I'm tired. Tired and sore. I went down to the garage to get my camera battery a short while ago and took a digger. Concrete is hard. There's something slick by the door. Tired, sore, and smelly. Must shower. Do some reading.

Tomorrow fairly busy. CD reviews to appease editor. Figure out how to start bank account in the name of my father's estate. Ponder what to do on Father's Day. Call Jennifer in AM to figure out lunch date...
Skyrockets in flight
Afternoon delight

No comments: