09 July, 2004

Going Through Stamps Like Water

I've gotten a few things ready to mail this morning. I would have done more but I ran out of checks. I am going to subscribe to The Progressive and Progression magazines. The former is a lefty rag while the later is about progressive rock. {That "progress" bit is everywhere this morning.} Next I am signing up for a bookmaking class. I had originally intended to take a one-day session on the topic but found a class that meets once a week for 5 weeks and will be taking that instead. There is a possibility that I'll be making my own journals this fall! And finally, I am joining the Freedom From Religion Foundation. The Xtian right irks me too much. Their conference this fall will feature Steven Pinker as the keynote speaker (or whatever)! I've read 2 of his books, have another unread on my shelf, and can honestly say that his The Blank Slate changed me greatly. This leaves subscriptions to Maximum PC and In These Times plus a load of bills of my father's. I also wanna get a ticket to see the Madison Symphony Orchestra next fall as they'll be doing Beethoven's 9th.

No comments: