14 July, 2004

Pies

It is difficult for me to describe just how thrilled I was to leave work yesterday. Ever have one of those days when it's slow enough to be boring yet busy enough to be distracting? At least I got an invite from the on-site manager of my contracting company to go have cocktails. Apparently they go to a brew pub just a short drive from here every Thursday. Then I later ran into another guy from the group who told me that they go on Mondays as well. Now THAT'S the kind of things I expect from IT work. Most of the people in my department are middle-aged with kids so there's no time for them to go c-tailing after work.

I got home yesterday and installed MapPoint 2004 while I awaited a call from The Caffeinatrix. She eventually did so and we had dinner together at The Harmony. It had been a while since I'd seen her long enough to have a chat of any substance. We shared stories and she gave me lots of shite about dating The Dulcinea. The Caffeinatrix refers to her as "The Wife" and her kids as mine. I tried telling The Caffeinatrix that my relationship with The Dulcinea wasn't a precursor for anything serious. No marriage or kids for me. It was about sex. I also told her that I'm looking for another fraulein - someone to have on the bench, so to speak. But she would have none of it. I was accused of looking for a long-term partner, a serious relationship, etc. Honestly, I'm not. Maybe I'll feel that way in the near future but, for now, I just want the fornication. In fact, I want more.

When I'm driving around, I of course gawk at all the pretty frauleins. I find that I get really turned-on by long hair. It's been that way for a long time but, since The Dulcinea has short hair, I am going even more ga-ga over lengthy manes. Going through campus after work - I'm like a kid in a candy store. All these co-eds in 2-piece bikinis laying out on the lawn of the Kohl Center or hotties out jogging. In my mind, they run in slow motion as I stare at their breasts bouncing up and down. I need to find another divorcee. Preferably a nullipara in her late 20s. And for some reason I've taken on a prediliction for blondes recently. Very odd...

After dinner, it was off to Ronaldo's place to take a peek at his ailing computer. Windoze XP Home has taken a serious digger and he needs to get a file off of the 'puter for work. So I grabbed that in addition to a few books which he gave me. To top things off, he bestowed a 6-pack of various locally-brewed beers and green bud. We stood in the street shooting the shit for a while once everything was in my car. Some honey on a bicycle rode by and he and I both turned our heads staring at her ass. Then a college kid came over to us. He was canvasing the neighborhood trying to solicit donations for the DNC. Ronaldo gave him fitty bucks.

I just got word from Miss Rosie about the results of her biopsy. Thanks the gods! It's not cancer but "scriosis inflamed by stress". I have no clue what scriosis is. Soemthing to do with vaginal dryness and menopause. She bitched about having to lube up for doing the nasty but, hey, better than chemotherapy.

I have a rebate check to cash after work. It's kinda nice - it seems like everyday I have a check to cash. Either for me or for my dad's estate. And Kristina is that strawberry blonde's name. Maybe I'll be able to talk to her again today. Oh! And there's this gorgeous brunette working at Mother Fool's as well. OK. Anyway, the plan is to stop at Toad Hill to pick some cherries after work and after drooling on the hottie teller. Then I'll work on that PC. I have a couple pies to bake as well but would rather do that later this week when it's cooler. Hell, we'll see. Since I don't have to work tomorrow, tonight might be a good night to bake. And now I've told Dogger that I'd burn him a DVD of this Yes concert from 1975 that I downloaded. I went from having a good amount of free time to trying to fit everything in.

It could be worse, I suppose.

No comments: