22 September, 2004

Oh Captain, My Captain

I just saw Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. It was pretty good in an Indy Jones kinda way - good mindless entertainment. The visuals were awesome - the spectacle of giant robots walking down the streets of New York was really neat. The plot was hackneyed but what could one expect? My only gripe was the dialogue. I kept waiting for the 2 main characters (Paltrow and Law) to have some fun banter but it was very rare. You know, some witty, clever stuff like Walter and Hildy in His Girl Friday but it never approached that.

In less than an hour I'm off to The Dulcinea's house for a late-night rendezvous. Hopefully we won't awaken one of her sons who will be home lest he encounter the Primal Scene. I don't want to be responsible for any "issues" the kids may have in later life. He'd sue me to cover his head shrinker bills.

No comments: