21 September, 2004

Procrastinating

I'm having a helluva time downloading this Southern Culture on the Skids show. Is the guy using a dial-up connection or who?

This is amusing - the little atheist gathering tonight looks to be me and 4 frauelins. The potential for me making a complete fool of myself is perilously high. Like red alert high. I've seen one of the attendees there before and she ain't half bad. If they're all hotties, what will I do? I won't know if I should scratch my watch or wind my ass.

I met the Botox Lady at TH this morning. She told me that she's trying to come up with a dinner special named after me. (She and her hubby recently purchased the Cottage Cafe.) On a culinary tangent, Stevie told me that the next-door neighbor came over on Sunday to get more of my jambalaya. Twice, in fact. The shit isn't hard to make, ya know. I spoke with her on Saturday while we were getting coffee and she was surprised or impressed that I had organic coffee and milk and sugar and...Apparently it was very odd for a single guy like myself to have such items in his larder. Just wait til she finds out I've got a scullery maid to do the dishes and mop floors. They're the sine qua non of us 21st century bachelors, doncha know.

No comments: