05 October, 2004

Coffee Grounds Bury the Hours That I Kill

I actually accomplished things today. The greatest of these is having spent some seven or eight hours at Mother Fools reading and listening to Doctor Who audio dramas. On the plus side, I finally finished reading God’s Secretaries and listening to Zagreus. Each was, in its own way, extremely interesting and entertaining. Of course there were some hotties there but all were quite resistant to my subterfuges. But I did manage to get into conversations with a few guys who were, in their own ways, interesting and entertaining. I must make a note to myself to sit in the squeaky chair. At one point I was speaking with a guy who, from all indications, lived out of his car when this gorgeous midriff-bearing creature steps in front of him and bends over to rummage through the newspaper repository. I nearly pitched a tent and I had the wrong view. Later, ARA called with an estimate on replacing my transmission. It’s more than I care to admit in public but I was happy to be able to have a diagnosis and estimate the same day I brought the car in. I called a couple places before them and was told Thursday morning at the earliest. It’s odd that I didn’t consider ARA first as I’ve brought cars in there before. Casey may be a rip-off artist for all I know but he comes across as a straight-shooter. And I gave him my business card so hopefully their computer will break and I can charge them an outrageous sum for work beyond their abilities.

By the time I got home, I had a nice caffeine buzz and had me a spot of andouille to calm the gullet. A little surfing and setting up some downloads and it was off to bed. The perfect murder of a day.

No comments: