14 October, 2004

La La La

Today slowly grinds to a close...

It hasn't been bad. I've taken to reading my e-book of Naomi Klein's No Logo during slow periods which have been frequent today. On the bright side, I've gotten on the good side of a barista at Ancora and furthered my communications with a fraulein I "met" at a singles site. After exchanging commentary and answering each other's questions, I was finally able to see her picture - and I like what I see. Long dark hair...mmm...Perhaps best of all she chose the following from a list of "must-haves" for her mate:

"I must have someone who is mature and experienced as a potential sexual partner and is able to express himself/herself freely."

Oh fuck, I'll express myself freely. I'll freely express my desire to have her on all fours so I can yank on her mane while roger her roundly from behind. She's read my answers to her queries, she's seen my pictures and she's still onboard. So far, so good. I await a witty email from her now.

The barista seems really nice. You've gotta get in good with those people because they take care of all your caffeine needs. Don't fuck with that shit, man. If you piss them off, they'll spit in your coffee or, even worse, give you decaf. Anyway, this woman noticed the Darwin button on my bag's strap this morning and asked if I had read a recent New York Times' article on the subject of the teaching of creation "science" in public schools. And then this afternoon I ran into her on the Square as I was walking back here. She smiled and waved as I greeted "The coffee Lady". In fact, she seemed overly excited considering that I've only been a regular customer for less than 2 weeks and had our first thingy resembling a conversation this morning. Perhaps she is afflicted with an over-abundance of mirth. But that would be a good thing.

No comments: