10 October, 2004

Weekends Seem To Mean So Much

I’m not looking forward to returning to work tomorrow. There will be some catching up to do, no doubt, but otherwise back to the boredom. Welcome to the state indeed.

My weekend was fine. Watched the debate on Friday with Stevie which made me ponder if Dubya knows anything about our country’s history or ever actually read any of our state papers. I mean, come on, he pulls Dred Scott out of his ass and had the gall to say that he and his Faith Based Initiatives are in strict adherence to the Constitution. Kerry, being the great joiner-iner that he is, said that he too supported such egregious violations of the First Amendment. Oh glory be! Both of you guys can take your respective religions and shove them up your respective assholes. Kerry becomes less attractive as a President all the time. I think William Saletan had a good takeon the whole sordid affair.

I got laid on Saturday. Twice, in fact, so, considering I didn’t win the lottery, they were the most important events of the day. But also noteworthy is the fact that I finished that book on war. It was good but could have been great had the author not been so repetitive repetitive. He had a boatload of good anecdotes but he treaded the same ground in each chapter. We’ll see how this A Natural History of Love goes. It came highly recommended by my bro’s roommate, Andy. It also came to me by way of him. I finished listening to Doctor Who: The Creed of the Kromon and will start The Natural History of Fear tonight and am really looking forward to it. Instead of a brief plot outline, the makers give this:

IT IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE TO COPY OR ATTEMPT TO COPY ANY PERSONALITY OR MEMORY-RELATED ARTICLE SHOWN OR DISPLAYED IN THIS PUBLIC THEATRE, INCLUDING THIS WARNING. PUNISHMENT OR CONVICTION IS AN UNLIMITED REDUCTION OF AUTHORISED OVERTIME HOURS AND TOTAL PERSONALITY REVISION. YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO BRING ANY JUKEBOX OR RECORDING EQUIPMENT INTO THIS PUBLIC THEATRE. THIS WILL BE TREATED AS AN ATTEMPT TO BREACH COPYRIGHT. ANY PERSON DOING SO CAN BE EJECTED AND THE EDITOR MAY CONFISCATE SUCH ARTICLES. WE ASK THE PUBLIC TO BE VIGILANT AGAINST ANY SUCH ACTIVITY AND REPORT ANY MATTERS AROUSING SUSPICION TO THEIR LOCAL CONSCIENCE. THANK YOU.

Public Warning
Faction Against Character Theft

Also included was a comment from the director:

”When Paul McGann turned up on his first day (we recorded this one first), he announced that this was one of the best scripts he'd ever read - not just Who-wise, but of all. He liked the political touches and said when we'd finished 'more like this, please'."

The old blog has a new look. I snagged it from somewhere that probably deserves credit but I can’t remember from whence it came. It was called “Autumn Something-Or-Other” so I thought it appropriate. It came pre-hoolied with a column for links’n’such so I’ve taken advantage of it. And I even have a link for folks to email me which hasn’t been the case for a few months. I suppose it’s not a big deal as I’ve only ever had one (1) person email me. This person wanted to know if I was a hippie. Oh, here it is in all it’s semi-literated Internet shorthand glory:

”hey where pine river i saw it on ur blogger and r u a hippi cause i am

While I appreciate that this person took the time to e-mail me, I wish that he’d at least have had the decency to use punctuation. I replied but never heard back. Apparently, since I told him I wasn’t a hippie, I am persona non grata in his world. Forsooth.

Some new additions to my bootleg collection:

Ryan Adams - 12/07/01 Barrymore Theater
Phil Collins - 02/20/83 Warner Theater, Washington DC
Dick Dale - 05/14/04 The Cabooz, Minneapolis, MN
Genesis - 05/29/92 Olympic Stadium, Montreal, Canada
Jethro Tull - 11/16/79 Civic Auditorium, Santa Monica, CA
New Orleans Klezmer Allstars - 03/18/00 Comfort Zone, Toronto, Ontario
The Pixies - 01/28/92 Barrymore Theater
Richard Thompson - 10/16/96 Irving Plaza, NY, NY

What shall I get next?

No comments: