24 November, 2004

Moody

Considering that I slept a fair amount last night, I'm surprised that I feel this tired. i don't think that I'm really tired - more mental exhaustion. Just going from a mental high yesterday morning to a real low last night seems to have put a whammy of sorts on my grey matter. And listening to Krautrock doesn't help.

Today has been really boring, for the most part. A good number of the cases we're getting relate to programs that I've never heard of and have no idea how to help. Most people are gone today so our usual coterie of resources are gone and the intranet is no help. But I must admit to getting a chuckle from an email that I got this morning which had the subject line: "Violent Death Upgrade to 2.01". Things then turned sour when I read an article about certain Christians protesting outside theaters showing the new film, Kinsey. It occurred to me that this is what we lefties are contending with - it really hit home. People who are willing to march outside a movie theater and protest a piece of fiction but, I'd bet, favor a real-life war based on false pretenses which leads to the death of Americans everyday. A film is an abomination but actual death & destruction is to be condoned. Where are all the Xtians who don't find anyting to protest in Kinsey and who think that people who find people who believe that images of the Virgin Mary appear on grilled cheese sandwiches are morons? Onward Xtian soldiers.

Two more hours to go. I just wanna get the hell outta here. Being the nice guy that I am, I agreed to drive Archie over to a shop to pick up his car. Stevie will be heading to his parents' house tonight sometime. I dunno what Becca's plans are. No doubt she'll be heading up to Portage sometime for the holiday. My plan is to have some of the matzo ball soup that The Dulcinea brought over last night for dinner. Then I'll try to get the oven working again to make those kolacky. Perhaps some reading or some audio theater to whittle away the night.

No comments: