10 November, 2004

No News Is Good News

Where the hell was I? Something about vernacular. Well, that can wait til later.

No news is good news, apparently. Ed hasn't heard from the clinic on the whooping cough which is the desired situation if the results are negative. And so I'm planning on seeing Jay Farrar tonight and Copenhagen tomorrow.

I spent my lunch hour at Ancora supping coffee and reading Bitch, a feminist magazine I picked up at the Willy Street Co-op. It's fairly amusing and has some interesting bits in it but I cringed when I read a letter to the editor that said something to the effect of how men (& womyn) must learn that beauty on the outside comes from beauty on the inside. Or some similarly stupid thing. They are two separate things that are indeed linked. Yet they are distinct - for we men, at least.

Miss Pamela e-mailed me today saying that she might be in town Saturday so she can go to Mimosa and snag a Tibetan singing bowl. Hopefully I'll be around to meet up with her and cruise around State Street and beyond. We may head over to A Woman's Touch so she can check out dildos while I look at the, um, sheaths, I guess. Or whatever you call 'em.

For any Wilco fans, here's their new song, "Just A Kid" from the Sponge Bob soundtrack.

I've got a slew of things on hold for me at the library but it looks like I won't have time to pick them up until Friday. More on that later. I'm outta here and off to meet The Dulcinea for pre-show coffee and such.

No comments: