21 December, 2004

Tidbits

I deleted 3 blogs of mine so now I’m down to one. I still have a diary elsewhere but the site is annoying me. I sue Firefox at home but Internet Exploder at work and the site harbors all manner of spyware. I’m sick and fucking tired of making a quick post only having to spend the next half hour removing Bargain Buddy, 2nd Search, etc. from my PC. And so I’m seeking out a new online journaling community. Perhaps I ought just get back to writing on paper.

Next spring, Madison will be hosting CTHULU ONE. I shall try to convince my brother, Don, Andy, and Ted to make a trek up from Chicago for this. Reading about it has made me want to resurrect my CoC adventure. It takes place here in Madison in the late 1920s. The Caffeinatrix lent me some books of hers on the history of Madison and Monona so I could get photographs and a feel for the city 80 years ago. Like every Cthulu story, it begins with a murder. And, as is my wont, it takes place in a library. The victim is a professor and he’s been carved up good. The incision runs along those energy lines whose names I cannot recall from traditional Chinese medicine. (For those, I must thank Jolene for lending me a book.) This leads to an apothecary on State Street. Someone has a copy of the Necronomicon and is trying to summon the Old Ones, doncha know. I found out that Charles Lindbergh flew into Monona in 1927 after his trans-Atlantic flight – he’s a UW alumnus so he had some roots here – so the book will escape on his plane when he leaves. I’ve tied the Majestic Theater into it as well. Maybe we’ll play it in 2005.

I did not like Friends but would have watched it had Joey been a rapist.

I got the new issue of The Progressive today and it’s sitting here on a pile of magazine including last month’s Progressive that lie unread. I really oughta get on them.

Son Seals has died. And so have a score of U.S. soldiers along with some Haliburton contractors.

No comments: