19 April, 2005

Back to the Grindstone

If I get lucky, I'll be going to see Elaine Pagels! I've got a few of her books and I think it'll be very interesting to hear her speak.

Had some foo-foo cocktails with Miss Vickie last night at Jolly Bob's. Just after I walked in, Brad, a guy with whom I used to work last summer, greeted me. It was nice to see him again. I guess little has changed at CUNA since I was let go. Apparently they were looking for someone to fill a hell desk spot there and he & Sully lobbied for me - that was nice to hear. We chatted for a short time before Miss Vicki arrived. It was really great to see her again. We chatted about the loss of Toad Hill, religion, faith, blah blah blah. We also consumed many sweet, fruity concoctions and ended up only getting charged for a trio of them. I also saw another TH alumnus yesterday at the coop - Downtown! He's working there again and I caught him facing shelves. We shot the fecal matter and I snagged a couple pictures of him as he demonstrated the correct way to show off salad dressing. The checkout clerk noticed my Yes t-shirt and we got into a conversation about them which ended in me offering him some shows. So I'll give him a call one of these days to drop them off. As I turned my cart to head towards the door, I was greeted with the sight of the blonde hottie on whom I have a crush. She was squatting down so naturally my gaze migrated directly to her cleavage. She was wearing this black sleeveless hoolie and her boobs were almost bursting out. Little foul hippie temptresses!

OK - I've got a meeting to attend soon. Hopefully I can hash out an account of the lectures I attended on Saturday.

Oh! I got the Neil Young and North Mississippi All-Stars shows yesterday and I'm listening to the latter. It's rockin' like Dokken! "Freedom Highway" was really good - love the harmony vocals.

No comments: