13 April, 2005

Blathering

The track listing of the Son Volt best of has been revealed:

A Retrospective 1995-2000

1: DROWN
2: WINDFALL
3: ROUTE
4: REX’S BLUES
5: LOOKING AT THE WORLD THROUGH A WINDSHIELD
6: TOO EARLY
7: BACK INTO YOUR WORLD
8: PICKING UP THE SIGNAL
9: I’VE GOT TO KNOW*
10: CREOSOTE
11: STRAIGHTFACE
12: TULSA COUNTY
13: DRIVING THE VIEW
14: AIN’T NO MORE CANE*
15: FLOW
16: HOLOCAUST
17: TEAR STAINED EYE (Four Track Demo)*
18: LOOSE STRING (Four Track Demo)*
19: MEDICINE HAT (Live – Acoustic Café)*
20: OPEN ALL NIGHT

Some interesting stuff but I'd trade the demos for more unreleased bits.

Three-fifths of Marillion will be coming to the USA! Steve Hogarth, Pete Trawavas, and Steve Rothery will be making the trek across The Pond. Presumably I'll have to make a trek myself - to Chicago - to see them.

Planning for the podcast comes slowly. Right now, it looks to be about music & sex. Knowing The Dulcinea, I'd imagine that the emphasis will be on the latter. Speaking of her, we went out for dinner last night and then back to her place. She's such a tease. At the end of it all, we gave one another handjobs. I suppose something sexual had to happen sooner or later. And I was happy that she hasn't shaved down there by the doggy door. It's amazing how much more at ease we are with one another and how well we can just shoot the breeze. We'll see how this friendship thing develops.

Well, I'm calling it a night. My soiree with The Dulcinea lasted into the wee hours of this morning so I didn't get much sleep. Tonight I just wanna cozy up with a Doctor Who adventure and drift into the arms of Morpheus. But, speaking of Doctor Who, I watched the latest episode, "The Unquiet Dead", this evening. It was quite spooky and a lot of fun.

No comments: