24 May, 2005

We Sow the Seeds, Nature Grows the Seeds...

In her kindness, The Dulcinea picked me up early Saturday morning at we headed over to the Farmer's Market. (Truth be told, methinks there's a farmer's market somewhere around here every day of the week.) We had fun wandering around and salivating like a Pavlovian dog. Here's some pictures:

First we have the Radish Queen.



Next we have some colorful jellies.



Here we have some bees...



...which make honey. Lots of honey. Although I was sorely tempted to buy the super-family size, I refrained.



Here's Hans Christian Heg. Well, a statue of him, anyway. He fought in the Civil War with the 15th Wisconsin Volutneers and fell at Chickamauga. ("Chickamauga's where I am, solitude is where I'm bound...")



Now here's Catfish Stephenson plying his trade.



Lastly we have one of my favorite tables - Out of Our Gourd's. They let me indulge myself in all things capsaicin-laced: chili pepper oil, hot pepper blends, salad dressing, and probably a few others things I forget.



I ended up buying some flat bread, some Kaluha-laced chocolate ice cream topping, some garlic cheddar - oh! Being Wisconsin, we have more cheese than a teenager has zits. To wit:







I also bought some exceedingly large phallic cucumbers and some radishes which I transformed into some Polish cucumber salad on Sunday. What else did I buy? Some blueberry jalapeno jelly and...there's probably more but I can't recall. We stopped at the Coop on the way back to my place so I could buy some sour cream for the aforementioned salad. While there, we perused the super herbal sex goddess supplements.



Thirty smackaroos for some herbal formula to boost one's libido?! Sounds like a scam to me. Way to take advantage of all those hippie sexual insecurities. But if it was featured on 20/20 it just has to work. Right?

No comments: