29 June, 2005

My Arteries Are A-Dilatin'

I am pleased that science has
found evidence that chocolate has a salutary effect. This is especially comforting because I drowned myself in dark chocolate gluttony last night after a prolonged stretch of computer use in which I got my website and podcast into reasonable shape. It was one of those funky bars from the coop with an animal on the front. I was so happy to have found it in my refrigerator that I lathered a couple pieces of it with the remaining two teaspoons of super-organic peanut butter I had.

I found the following little ditty via Shopiere. A couple lefties infiltrated the recent College Republican National Convention and have been blogging about it at Campus Progress. I'd read a couple bits last week but found this:

But really, what disturbs me the most is the utter disrespect and scathing cold-heartedness these students display for anything to the left of Tom DeLay. During the Leadership Institue session a presenter asked the crowd, "What makes you angry?" The answers:
1. Liberals
2. Hippies
3. Gays
4. Democrats

The author is disturbed by the fact that these are groups of people and not policies or laws which are perfectly fine targets of one's ire. Come on! As if a group of lefties wouldn't respond:

1. Conservatives
2. Evangelicals
3. Pro-lifers
4. Republicans

...or something similar. Sure, the picture of a group of suit & tie wearing Karl Rove wannabes conjures up parallels to Nazi Germany but let's give them some credit. I mean, they weren't asked "What do you want to kill?". Some Liberals make me angry too. Like those that speak eloquently and passionate about equality, freedom, etc. and turn around and tell me "Anyone but Bush". Hippies. OK, I admit that I have a particular affection for hippie chicks. But that still doesn't excuse those hippies who confuse the liberal application of patchouli oil for personal hygiene. Or those who think that a passion for the music of the Grateful Dead should be the terminus for all music appreciation. Democrats? Well, does anything really need to be said about them? Now gays. How can gays make you angry? Specific gay people, to be sure but why does homosexuality make college Republicans angry? Exactly how does two men engaging in sodomy or two women engaging in...engaging in...sapphic explorations rain on anyone's parade?

Well, I'm about off to the Argus for a final lunch with Dogger which can include a cigarette inside the tavern. For the day after tomorrow brings the smoking ban courtesy of Righties who blather on about consumer choice & letting the market do things instead of government yet seek to curtail it and those Lefties who fight for women to have the choice of an abortion, for gays to marry, etc. - things with which they agree - and then turn around and eliminate choice for something they don't like.

No comments: