31 August, 2005

A Short Tale In Which The Dulcinea and I Share a Meal

I went over to The Dulcinea's last night after making a pitstop at home to grab some ingredients for supper. I ended up making a variation on the Blazing Flat Noodle dish at Big Bowl and a berry compote for dessert. First thing I did was to throw together the sauce and then I started chopping onion and a slew of peppers from our garden. Although there was one jalapeno, the rest were mild wax peppers. As I prepped, I indulged myself in a mighty fine 60 Minute IPA from Dogfish Head Brewery and snacked on some of the yummy chocolate chip cookies The Dulcinea had made earlier. As we got dinner ready and cleaned, she did absolutely nothing especial to make me occasionally pull down her shorts and slap her ass. But I did so anyway. It would prove to be an omen...

With dinner done, we settled down at the dining room table. She was mighty hungry as she dove headlong into her first place of noodles with all the glee of Michael Jackson at an Boy Scout jamboree. And she didn't let fumbling with chop sticks stop her. When it became too difficult, she busted out forks. After cleaning her plate, she gave herself another helping. And after cleaning off her place yet again, she had a third serving of the noodles. I admit that it was pretty tasty. I think the salted black beans kind of gave it a little extra salty something. I don't as of yet have pics of the main course but have some of the berries. I took blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries and threw them in a bowl. Then I tossed them with some real maple syrup. Here they are a soakin'.



Now, I was lazy and not keen on making any more dishes that I'd have to wash so I just ate them out of the serving bowl.





The Dulcinea, being all prim and proper, ate them out of a separate bowl.



My second dessert would come later and prove no less satisfying...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[insolence] dishes you'd have to do?
[/insolence]

The D