19 February, 2006

Feingold & McCoy in the Media

A couple local figures have appeared in the media recently.

On Friday night, Senator Russ Feingold appeared on Real Time with Bill Maher. There's a piece up at Dane101.com about it so I'll try not to rehash anything. He made statements saying that the Dems will (finally) get some cajones and stand up to the Repubilcans. While there's no doubt that he knows things I don't about his party, I still have to say that I'll believe that when I see it.



Another local, Professor Alfred W. McCoy appeared on Democracy Now! on Friday as well. McCoy is a professor of Southeast Asian history here at the UW and his latest book is A Question of Torture. He appeared to comment on the newly released pictures of torture at the Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq. A transcript of his interview as well as links to video & audio of it can be found here.

No comments: