31 March, 2006

Bier News

I made a quick stop at Star Liquor this afternoon and walked out with some suds. Capital's Wild Rice beer is now available. I thought that this was more of an autumn deal, not that I'm complaining, mind you. While at the store, I noticed that they've rearranged the beer coolers a bit. They now carry 5 or so selections from Viking Brewing Company where they only had two last time I was in the store. Their beer was moved from the cooler on the back wall to the side and bottles of Tyranena are now in back.

I grabbed a clutch of single bottles: Captial's Wild Rice (lager) & Island Wheat (an American wheat Ale), Viking's Whole Stein (a coffee, oatmeal, milk porter), Lake Louie's Arena Premium (an American Pale Ale but with more hops), and a Berghoff Dark (lager).

The Ale Asylum website has been finagled a little bit. Gone are the photos of the tanks being put into place. But the links on the side for their beers are active. And by "active" I mean they open to a blank page. However, the URL's betray the secrecy. We have:

Ambergeddon
Madtown
Gold Digger
Hopalicious
Big Slick
Diablo
Happy Ending
Hath Weizen
McDoogle
Porter
Tripel Nova

However there's still no word as to when the establishment will be opening its doors.

In other sudsy news, Leine's is introducing a new beer - Sunset Wheat. Didn't see it at Star but, then again, I wasn't looking. Finally, New Glarus will have their Coffee Stout again this year. When I hear of it, I think of that Easter Sunday spent at the Paradise several years ago shooting pool and downing bottle after bottle of the stuff. Mmm...

No comments: