14 March, 2008

The Cheese Stands Alone

I blame Ed. While I had been intending on hitting the final day of the 2008 World Championship Cheese Contest in the late morning but opted to go with Ed who couldn't go until noon. When we arrived, we found that clean-up was in its last stage. D'oh! So I have no exciting photos of the champion being crowned. However, it was a Swiss gruyere that took home the gold this year. And I believe this is it:



You can check out the full results here.

Although I was disappointed to have missed the cheese finals, Ed did make a call yesterday and I will be getting a press pass for the 2008 Wisconsin Association of Meat Processors Convention and Product Show. This means that I will be dangerously close to a couple dozen different varieties of bacon. I may even take in an educational program like "Armchair Plant Tour – Sailer's Meat Processing, Inc." or "The New Role of Nitrate as a Health Food".

No comments: