07 May, 2008

Farewell Alex, Hello Chris

Alex Polish-American Deli is now known as Alex Polish Deli. The original owner fell ill recently and sold the establishment to a new gentleman named Chris who re-opened the deli about a month ago. On a recent stop, the young man behind the counter informed us that he was Columbian but has quickly learned to appreciate Polish food. (The Dulcinea thought the cute counter staff was a nice addition while I missed the highlander moustache and the callipygian daughter.) He also remarked that the new owner is Polish & German (like me!) and that he has some plans to make it more broadly European. I recall being told that the selection of kielbasa was to expand. Look for a rechristening in the near future.

And so The Dulcinea and I left with food for a Polish Constitution Day feast while the lunch I packed today includes a sandwich with Moscow ham and peppered pork loin. The spiced bacon roll still sits in my refrigerator...

2 comments:

nichole said...

Yay! JM and I will get to go there again. I do like when that happens with good restaurants...

Skip said...

I'd give the new owner a little time to get things in place before you head over there. My impression was that the changes had just begun. I look forward to reading about what you find.