11 December, 2008

Is It January Yet?

I read today that David Cronenberg is slated to helm a remake of the Spanish time travel movie, Los Cronocimenes (Timecrimes) which screened this past spring at the Wisconsin Film Festival.



I saw it then and thought this tale of a man named Hector who, upon investigating a naked woman in the woods, gets stabbed and stumbles into a time machine, was a blast. Cronenberg is one of my favorite directors so I trust that he won't take Nacho Vigalondo's wonderful film and make it into a hackneyed blockbuster-type affair as would someone like Joel Schumacher. Hopefully the remake will retain some of the original's humor yet also be darker and more perverted.

________________________

While news that one of my favorite comic books, Y: The Last Man, is busy being ported to the big screen, is old hat, I found out that a comic book that was recommended to me will be coming to the small screen.



Fables concerns fairy tale characters such as Little Red Riding Hood who dwell in New York City incognito. A friend told me to check out the comic earlier this year and, although I haven't done so yet, I do have a copy of the first compendium picked out at Netherworld Games. I plan to have it in my grubby hands, however, before a proposed series based on the comic appears on ABC, which has ordered a pilot episode.

________________________

Lastly, will it just be 21 January already?! I am getting tired of reading about Jin hanging out with DHARMA folks, a new DHARMA station with a lamp logo, and seeing teasers on YouTube for the coming season of LOST. If only it would just start now. So thanks to all you jackasses who find re-runs to be such an incredible burden that you had to go and whine to the producers so they'd the show would premiere in the winter instead of autumn. Now there's an eight month waits between seasons and – what? – eight less episodes per season.

I'd rather have the re-runs. I could be at the virtual water cooler today promoting my theory that Richard Alpert was aboard the Black Rock when it was marooned on the island with some fresh new ambiguous dialogue from season 5. But no. Why must certain fans delay my research into Jacob and his relation to the island? I am this close - | | - to a breakthrough.

No comments: