23 February, 2009

International Fest '09: Let Them Eat Spring Rolls

I took a break from music by wandering upstairs to a cooking demonstration where I learned to make spring rolls.



I'm not sure of the name of the woman who hosted the event but, since Taste of Asia had a table downstairs where they were selling food, I presume that she was one of the owners.

"Get to know your brand (of spring roll skins)", she admonished onlookers. The rough side goes inside and the smooth side out. Remove the rib of the lettuce and slap that down first. Then add noodles, meat, egg, bean sprouts – whatever tickles your fancy. Then roll.



Grab the filling and pull it back as you begin to roll it up. Then about halfway through, fold in the sides. Voila!

It was a nice demo with audience members invited to get their hands dirty.



There were only three food demos so I hope that more can be added in the future.

No comments: