05 December, 2009

The Newest Member of the Family

Please welcome the newest member of the family, Marilyn.



She is interminably cute and loves people. At least she puts on a good act that she does.

I call her Kitchen Katze because that's her favorite room and I suspect that all of her cuteness is simply a ploy. In the mornings she'll crawl up my chest and perch herself on my shoulders and neck. Yeah, it's all cute to have her there purring in my ear but, when she has had enough, she's off to the kitchen expecting you to follow and put some of that special wet turkey cat food in her dish.

When that doesn't work, she starts reconnoitering for crumbs and sucks up any she finds with glee. The tasty congealed fat in my bacon grease jar now has two claw marks in it and we have discovered that she likes rice, brownies, and peanut butter.

On the upside, now that we have a little four-legged omnivore trolling around, my kitchen is finally getting progressively cleaner.

No comments: