26 October, 2010

Two Beers and a Gripe Chaser





The next entry in Capital's Capital Square Series – Tett Doppelbock – is to be released in mid-November last I heard.

I swung down to New Glarus over the weekend as I'd heard a couple weeks ago that they had a new R&D brew – Two Women Lager. Only available at the brewery, it appears that it came out in the spring. In addition to Two Women, the other R&D brew was a Belgian Pale Ale labeled "Golden Ale" which I have had already.

So here's my titular gripe: why are none of these beers advertised on the breweries' websites? I can kinda sorta maybe understand why New Glarus wouldn't advertise the R&D brews. Give visitors a special treat when they arrive. But perhaps letting people know, "Hey! You can only get this stuff at the brewery!" might be a good way to get more beer lovers to go there more often. But Capital doesn't have this option. The Tett Doppelbock, despite being a limited release, will be at stores. No brewery visit needed. If I go to a movie, I see trailers for films several months ahead of the release date and here we are 2-3 weeks before the beer's release yet I can find no publicity at the brewery's website. I mean, I don't need to know what your limited release for November is going to be in January, but it is October now. Why not start spreading the word and build a bit of excitement?

No comments: