26 January, 2011

I Guess I Need to Shave

I was up on the Square this morning having a cigarette when a guy approached me.

"Are you on the street?"

"No," I replied. "Just having a cigarette and it's back to work."

I thought the guy was just being a good samaritan and figured that I looked a bit scruffy not having shaved in a while.

Then he pulls out a quarter, holds it upright between his thumb and forefinger, and leans in a little bit before asking "Do you want a lucky bicentennial quarter?"

I refused it and the guy wandered off. Hopefully declining his offer isn't the equivalent of walking under a ladder.

3 comments:

arch stanton said...

That dude was just trying to pay it forward adn you RUINED it!!

Skip said...

Thanks for making me feel bad. What's with you Stoughtonians?

arch stanton said...

It's Stoughtonites.
From Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner:
Driven south to the land of the Stoughtonites
To a place where nobody's been