23 February, 2011

My Kielbasa Pusher Is (Temporarily) Out of Business

Nooooooooooooooooooo! Andy's Deli in Chicago suffered a fire a couple weeks ago.





The best kielbasa within a 200+ mile radius - now where will I go? Actually, they make the stuff at their wholesale location farther south so theoretically their kielbasa is still to be had. But where? Might have to mail order the stuff.

Wait.

Now that I think about it, I've heard that the Russian grocery store here on the west side now carries some of Andy's sausages. I shall have to head over there. Also, Andy's is where I buy the Polish version of Playboy for a single friend. Looks like he's out of luck for a bit.

Thankfully they're going to rebuild and open again. My mother, who lives down the street a bit from Andy's, says that the remodeling is ongoing.

Reminds of me a certain Onion article from several years ago...

No comments: