11 May, 2011

Human Transit Coming to Madison

Next month is the 19th annual conference of the Congress for New Urbanism and public transit planning consultant Jarrett Walker will be here. He blogs at Human Transit.

When I blather on about Madison Metro (e.g. - here), it's usually because I've read something at his blog and think "Madison needs that!"

Walker will be speaking at the conference on Tuesday or Wednesday. It will mostly be populated with planners, politicos, and business people but I'd love to hear Walker speak. Unfortunately it looks like it'll cost a bundle. If nothing else, I'm sure he'll blog about his talk and perhaps give some observations about Madison.

Mayor Soglin is set to attend the conference and I'll be interested to see if he lays out any proposals for Metro in the months afterward. I was heartened to read during the mayoral race that he had made comments about improving bus service here with things such as express routes whereas Mayor Dave did not seem interested in innovating.

No comments: