13 June, 2011

Dragon Turds

Dragon turds may have a scatological name but are very tasty. To my knowledge the term refers to stuffing chili peppers with whatever trips your trigger, wrapping them in bacon, and then cooking. A couple weeks ago I bought a bunch of jalapenos, stuffed them with cheese and chorizo, wrapped them in bacon, and baked. They turned out well, unlike most of my photos.





While incredibly tasty, I can't say that they are for those on a diet or for people trying to maintain clean arteries. Be sure to use thinly sliced bacon because the thick stuff A) is impossible to use as a wrap and B) takes forever and a day to cook. I wish I had a smoker to cook these puppies with as that would add a whole other layer of flavor. That and I don't like using the oven during the summer.

2 comments:

teifidancer said...

off to supermarket now, to find some ingredients, you've wetted my appetite....
regards and thankyou..

Skip said...

If you want to use cheese, get a harder cheese like Oaxaca.