27 September, 2011

Auf Wiedersehen Avol's Books?

Word is that Madison's feminist bookstore, A Room of One's Own, is going to move into Avol's space by next August with Avol's becoming an online concern exclusively.

This blows. Majorly.

I've been going to Avol's on a fairly regular basis lately and hate to see it go. On the other hand, I have not stepped foot inside ARoOO for about 20 years since my Y chromosome was highly unwelcome there. Heck, maybe the clerks are friendly now that the store is, last I heard, skirting some financial straits.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry; there'll be Y (and undecided) chromosomes welcomed in the joint space. Ron Czerwien, Avol's owner, will be the used-book buyer, in the store.

Skip said...

Wunderbar! I'll check the new space out when it opens.