27 September, 2011

What Else to See at Sundance This Fall

Rob Thomas has a look at Sundance's upcoming Screening Room calendar up at 77 Square. There are a couple movies on it that I am looking forward to but, overall, it doesn't do much for me. (I refuse to see films described as "quirky" on principle.)

On the other hand it's worth noting that there are some flicks (supposedly) destined for Sundance this autumn that aren't on the SR calendar.

First there's Another Earth which was originally scheduled to play here on 12 August but disappeared from the theatre's website but recently returned. (I presume there just wasn't any room with Midnight in Paris still on the bill.) It's scheduled to open this Friday.





Next is Gus van Sant's latest, Restless which is due here in Madison on 7 October.





Lastly, scheduled to open on 4 November is Take Shelter. I saw the trailer this past weekend and it looked good. Apparently this guy sees storms and other weather phenomenon that others cannot. I'm not sure if it's an extended metaphor, a sci-fi ploy, or a little of both.



No comments: