12 June, 2012

Mr. Carey with the lambic in the cellar





These bad boys are going to end up in New Glarus' shiny new lambic cellar. I have no idea what this entails. Increased volume of Belgian Red and Raspberry Tart? Will this free up room at the old brewery for new flavors?





O'so has a new summer seasonal called 3rd Wheel which is a Belgian blonde ale brewed with rose hips and fermented with oak chips. Robin Shepard has a review up at The Daily Page.

He also has the skinny on Port Huron Brewing which recently opened up in the Dells.

While I will be spending Father's Day role playing (Pathfinder), you can always go the Ale Asylum for their aged beer event. Here's the tapping schedule:

3pm: 3 year old Sticky McDoogle

4pm: 2 year old Bamboozleator

5pm: 1 year old Tripel Nova

As my friend said, that sounds dangerous.

Lake Louie has a Black IPA now which is apparently called Radio Free. Once source says it is made with blackberries while another claims raspberries.

I recently heard a rumor that Big Bay Brewing is in bad financial straits. I hope not. Wavehopper is the best domestic in these here parts and I just plain hate to see a Wisconsin brewery go under.

A couple questions:

1) Has anyone seen Sam Adams Verloren Gose around? The beer baroness at Steve's said that she is unable to order it and just gets whatever the distributor has of this SA limited release line-up.

2) I am going to have a friend bring me back some Surly. What flavor should I get? I'm leaning towards Hell, at the moment.

No comments: