28 April, 2004

Music, All I Hear Is Music

It's a really nice day outside. I went over to Dogger's earlier and hung out with him and Miss Regan. Since she had been up since around 6, Dogger was keen on getting her to sleep. Since I had brought over some bootlegs for him, Dogger put on a Yes show and Regan fell asleep during "Mood For a Day". So we wandered out onto the deck and took in some sun. A morning dove had built a nest under the eaves of their garage and I spied the female chillin' in the nest while a male flew around a bit and landed on a large branch high above us to survey the scene and keep an eye on the monkeys sitting on the deck drinking iced coffee and beer.

On my way home, I stopped to photocopy some stuff for my Call of Cthulu adventure and donated some shrimp creole to JimmyD who reminded me that he doesn't eat seafood. Ah well, The Caffeinatrix can have it for lunch tomorrow.

I got a call from my lawyer and the judge in Louisiana signed off on the succession hoo-ha so everything will hopefully be squared away next week sometime. And I got my allotment of CDs to review from my editor. I got me some Willard Grant Conspiracy, Magnolia Sisters, Zar, Annie Grace, Hotpoint String Band, and some Ukranians. The Ukranians album oughta be amusing. The cover has 6 guys clutching accordians and balalaikas sitting before a table littered with bottles of beer, vodka, and other potent potables. That will be good music!

I got an email today from Biff Blumfumgagnge of Madison's Reptile Palace Orchestra. Their next gig will be with a band called Felonious Bosch who is "a six piece neo-feudal jam band, gender-balanced and full of surprises. Following a year's gestation as an instrumental quartet of violin ('sixpack musicologist' Ric Lee), bouzouki (Greek strings by Nemo), drum kit (Bracchi of Machinery Hill and The Blue Up?) and bass (Boiled In Lead's Drew Miller, playing to Madison for the 1st time in many years), the band has expanded to a six piece rock orchestra with the addition of classically-trained fiddler Hannah Thiem and powerful lead vocalist Katy Thomasberg. The band is in an exciting stage of development, as Katy's fresh lyrics transform the ancient melodies into exciting new rock music." So methinks that would be one kick ass Saturday night! Anyone else up for an evening of good tunes and suds at the Harmony?

No comments: