05 April, 2004

No Calls Yet

Monday. I am hoping to hear from the movers and get a date/time for pick up. I'm also hoping that the death certifcates are available. Perhaps I'll hit the bathroom to do some cleaning. It's not horribly dirty or anything but the shower could use a good scouring.

I've been trading emails with my friend Gene from Chicago since last night. We have known one another for over 26 years and his father died last November. In our emails, we've compared the ways we deal with grief as well as just the usual banter between old friends.

Errol Morris, director of the recent The Fog of War, is on now. He was asked, since he marched in protest of the Vietnam War, if he had marched in protest of our venture in Iraq. He said that he did but that it was at the behest of his wife. hehe Women exert such great influence over the men in their lives and I wonder if they know the true extent.

The interview so far has been pretty good but I'd be happier if they went into more film-geek stuff. It's wonderfully ironic to hear the ambivlence in his comments as his films are usually steeped in it. The truth is slippery - elusive - for him and this is readily apparent in his documentaries.

No comments: