19 May, 2004

Fungicidal Tendencies

It was a nice day out but has since become gray and cloudy. Ah well, I enjoy the cool air.

I went over to Anders' place last night to reinstall Windows. I got there at 8:30 and left at 3:30 this morning. I hate computers - they are all forged by Lucifer himself! But it's done. And he gave me all the food and beer I could stomach. I think he gets a thrill out of grilling dead animal flesh as his wife is a vegetarian. So we had brats and pork chops. He too understands just what a perfect food pork is. In typical male fashion, we sat around with our bellies full extolling the virtues of the pig and all the delicious bits of it. And I finally got to meet his wife, Wendy. She was a purdy as The Caffeintrix had said and was really friendly. And while waiting for the install, I spent time with Archie and Maggie, their hounds. Archie is still a pup so he's jumping and crawling all over people still. I wanna get me a hound...

Since I was out late, I didn't arise til 9:30 or so and my perception of the day has been off ever since. I mailed a couple things and returned The Bell to the library. I feel bad about the latter as, while I enjoyed what I had read, my mind is too cloudy right now to actually concentrate on it. But I will go back to it in the future. I have actually fairly productive today. My computer is nearing normality, I've caught up on email - for the most part - and I've read some faves here. In a couple hours, I'm off to the home of one Lisette Kielson to fix her 'puter. I've worked on it before but it's been over a year since my last visit. She teaches music - woodwinds - and plays in an ensemble here that performs medieval and Renaissance music. She also knows Anders and is friends with The Caffeinatrix's father-in-law. A small world.

Weekend. I've gotta figure out what the hell I'm doing this weekend. I've gotten a few offers for fun but wanna try to visit friends whom I haven't seen in a while. Miss Regan's baptism is Sunday so I'm going to video tape it and hang out at Dogger and Mel's afterwards. Opus will be there so we will, no doubt, be eating really fucking spicy foods since he and I can't get enough of it. Saturday I think I'm going to chill with The Pollack on his boat. Weather permitting, of course. He's got a virgin bottle of Basil Hayden and he wants to do a PollackFest. I am waiting to hear back from him.

Tonight I'm going to see Southern Culture on the Skids at the new High Noon Saloon. I am hoping they'll play "8 Piece Box" so they throw fried chicken into the audience. But I'm having reservations. Pete bought the tickets but I'm just not in the mood to hang out with him. I sometimes find myself getting really pissed off at him - just out of the blue. He's really been getting on my nerves. Eating my food, smoking my smokey treats, using my soap...little things, I know, but they're part of this larger attitude. I shelled out $1100 to cover a debt of his which would have landed me in the shitter yet he constantly uses my stuff and asks to be repaid for everything. So if, for example, he orders a sandwich for me, then he wants me to buy him dinner the next night. I just wanna tell him, "Take it off what you owe me." It's not that we can't be social - we went to Claire's party Saturday - but I am just not in the mood. Maybe that will change, though.

In other news, that goop is working on the fungus between my toes. It's quite noticeably better.

No comments: