29 October, 2004

Giggle, Giggle

I am just so fucking giddy! I’ve returned from night 1 of the FFRF Convention aglow having met Steven Pinker. He gave a speech which he followed up by taking questions. Then he signed books. I took advantage of this to A) get my copy of The Blank Slate autographed and B) have my picture taken with him.



I am sooo gonna print it out and frame it. Another neat thing about the night was that I learned quite a bit about Anne Nicol Gaylor, FFRF’s founder and president. I didn’t know she was a feminist activist who played an instrumental role in overturning a Wisconsin law restricting the sale of birth control. She is quite a woman. Tomorrow I get to meet Peter Singer, amongst others. Hopefully I’ll run into that blonde who sat in front of me for about a minute tonight before running off to another seat. She had a nice ass, lemme tell ya.

There is an outside chance that I’ll be able to interview Ian Anderson when Jethro Tull comes to town next week. I e-mailed their U.S. press agent asking if it would be possible:

Hi,

It's sort of breaking my heart to pass this time around, because I went through parts of your website and it's extremely smart. In reviewing it, it's obvious that Ian's perfect topic-wise for you and the other guys won't do.

Ian doesn't do a lot of websites, tho'. Every few years I get him to do two or three of the really well known sites. In my experience I've never heard of your site but I'd wager it's got a following.

Let me spend a little more time with your site and try to figure out what to do.

Are you planning to go to the Tull show in Madison? Also what's your phone number?

Anne


Hopefully it’ll pan out.

No comments: