21 October, 2004

To Whom It May Concern

When you fix computers for a living, it is not often that you actually get a chance to help people. Sure, you "help" people to get onto the Net and such but this is nothing serious. People can always live without Internet pr0n and short, acronym-laced e-mails. Today we got the following:

To Whom It May Concern

I am helping for two kids that abandoned by their parent since 1992. Their father left them with us to go out of state to find a job and never returned (no mother was available. He was a single parent). I have been looking for him since then and couldn't find him yet This happened when I was live in Florida).

Then I had to move to Wisconsin in 2000 due to employment reason. I took them with me and obtained the legal guardianship from the family court in Madison.

Both of them are behaving good and doing very good in education. The older one is a senoir in West High School and young one is junior.

The problem that I am having is that their birth has nerver recordered. I inquire several states that they lived (their father mentioned) and no records have been found. I wasn't concern about this very much earlier because I thought that their father would show up one day. That's the reason I didn't want to legally adopt them before they become 16 years of age too.

I went to Vital Record Office in Madison to record their birth but they denied. Can you help me to find the way to do this ?. Me and my wife willing to legally adopt them too. Can the Family court help me on this ?. Please help me.. I want to continue help these kids. They are like my kids now.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

{Name withheld}

Now, this is a serious issue and I'd love to help but have no way to do so. I'm barely given enough info to actually do what we're here to do - fix computers.

I went over to The Dulcinea’s last night ostensibly to talk about whatever it is she wanted to talk about. We talked a bit and then fucked. It was a great example of differences between men & womyn. She wanted to talk and resolve relationship issues and get emotions in order. I wanted to fuck. But I did talk. In all honesty, I did feel bad about what I’d done. I’m not a cold, heartless bastard, ya know. I was genuinely sorry for not having maintained contact with her. On the other hand, I didn’t think the issue warranted hours of conversation. She seemed resigned to my limited candor with her too, which was helpful. I was forgiven, she lifted up her shirt, and, before long, it was up to her bedroom. What was I supposed to do? While I had thought that it might be best to just end it so I wouldn’t have to worry about it and she’d have some kind of definitive something-or-other. But, if I did, then I’d lose my only available source of pussy at the moment. My contacts at the singles sites haven’t panned out as I haven’t heard from one fraulein in a few days and the other in a bit less than that. Was it something I said? Or something I didn’t say?

The Dulcinea informs me that a Polish deli will be opening up on Monroe Street soon – Alex’s Polish American deli. Thank fuck! The prospect of having to drive a minimum of 60 miles during the winter month to find Polish food was beginning to sound unappetizing.

In other news, I’m downloading the latest H2G2 episode, the last Doctor Who drama, some Yes, and a set of recording of arguments made before the Supreme Court. Should be some good listening. Christ, I’ll have to put in a NP thingy for audio book soon. I finished reading Bill Malone’s book – quite good. It was really quite dense but his writing style is easy on the eyes. I found out that you can put The Onion in your My Yahoo page along with all the legit new headlines. I see that the Google Desktop search hoolie is coming under criticism. I must try it out. If it isn’t bad enough that Windows dominates the desktop market, I read that they have a modified version of CE called Windows Automotive to run the computers in cars. Oh fuck. Why does Bill Gates wanna make people troubleshoot blue screens of death in their cars?

No comments: