09 October, 2006

Huber Bought Out by Canadians, Eh

I don't know how I missed this: the Huber Brewery has been bought by the Canadian Mountain Crest Brewing Company. The article makes everything sound great - money to be poured into infrastructure, marketing the products outside of the Midwest, etc. But I'm weary. I read an article a few months ago which I of course can't find now, about large Canadian breweries such as Molson and Labatt buying smaller ones and driving them into the ground until they're closed. So I hope everything goes well here despite Huber not being a Wisconsin company any longer. Look for 3 new beers next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are driving me to drink with all of these beer posts!

By weary, do you mean a combination of wary and leery, or are you tired?

:P

The D.

Skip said...

Why dost thou mock me?

I appended my October brews entry from last week to include New Glarus. The Copper Kettle Weiss is their seasonal and Enigma, the next Unplugged brew comes out this month, if it isn't already.