09 December, 2006

Learn Polish @ MATC

Slavic culture doesn't get much attention here in Madison, unfortunately. However, those interested in the Polish side of things would be interested to know that the Madison Area Technical College will be offering folks the chance to learn Polish this spring. The course description is here. While not strictly a Polish 101 course, a former instructor noted, "New folks could register, as it is still at an early level, but those with previous classes under their belt will find it useful as well."

Did I mention that I spent most of last weekend making 300+ pierogi for the Polish Heritage Club of Madison's Wigilia bash only to find out that, due to health codes, they could not be served at the dinner? I've given some away but still have oodles left. I've gotta donate more to folks or else I'm gonna be eating them for the next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you made them ALL BY YOURSELF?

::pointed stare::

Skip said...

Oops! I was ably assisted by my girlfriend who learned how to make pierogi very quickly.