31 July, 2007

Older Brothers Are Evil

My birthday was last week and The Dulcinea made me a cake.



It was a pecan bourbon pound cake with the emphasis on the bourbon. I think I got a buzz eating a piece. Here's how it was served - with bourbon-infused whipped cream which had freshly grated nutmeg.



I went down to Chicago over the weekend to celebrate my birthday as well as my mother's and grandmother's which are this week. My grandma had been in the hospital but out and looking well. She'll be 92 tomorrow. We had dinner at What's Cooking over on Lincoln Avenue. My reuben was quite tasty. Afterwards my brother and I headed over to Border's Books. We'd been talking about books earlier and Harry Potter had come up. I enjoy HP whereas my brother does not. No biggie. To each his own. We walk in and find that there's a HP display right by the door. And so my brother proceeds to pick up a copy and read the last line to me. Older brothers (and siblings generally) are just plain evil.

No comments: