20 December, 2007

Critique of I Am Legend

My friend Pete, an avid deer hunter, e-mailed me his views on the newly-released I Am Legend:

One problem with the movie, the deer hunting sequences, followed by flashing to a full pantry. Inserted just for action? The deer look like
shit, run like they're palsied, and seemingly can't jump over cars.


He called me yesterday night to talk about his e-mail and elaborate upon his missive. There's a whole deer theme, apparently. At the very least they're a prominent device. When I labeled his deer hunter critique interesting, he replied, "I guess you've gotta talk about what you know."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw I am Legend this week. It’s basically 28 Days Later but less scary because the zombies look computer animated. They really should have used real people and saved the computer effects for explosions.

Anonymous said...

Oh, the deer parts didn't bother me, although I'm not a hunter.