01 October, 2008

Pusillanimity, They Name Is Cieslewicz

Bill Lueders of Isthmus has uncovered some beatings here in Madison that were mysteriously kept out of the public eye. This has prompted recent editorials from Dave Zweifel of The Cap Times and Lueders himself inveighing against police secrecy.

Where is our mayor in all of this?



This is what Mayor Daley looks like when he gets fired up. This is what I want our mayor to look like when he gets fired up. But it never happens. Cieslewicz is such a milquetoast that he makes my bed-ridden 93-year old grandmother look like James Carville by comparison. He seemingly sat on the sidelines as Kathleen Falk and Joe Norwick blew smoke up our asses when it came to the Brittany Zimmerman 911 call debacle. And now serious doubts are being raised about the integrity of the process by which police reports are made public. So where is the executive of this city? Beats me because I've not heard a peep in response. Then again, I don't keep up with everything in the papers so I asked Bill Lueders if the mayor has made a public response. His reply?

"No."

No comments: