08 April, 2004

Money, It's A Hit

Since I had to go drop of something at the lawyer's, I decided to go cash in my dad's change jar. It's a #10 coffee can about half full. (Or is that half empty?) I present it to the teller and she asks if I have an account. So I explain that my father did and that all I wanna do is cash in the change for some paper money. It was then explained to me that I would have to leave the money there and that they might have it ready later in the afternoon. I couldn't fucking believe it and had to keep from laughing. I'm not withdrawing from or depositing into my father's account. I just want to change the corporeal form of some money. The teller then explains that they have to count it and then rolls the coins into those paper rolls first.

What the fuck is wrong with these people? Pour the change into the counting machine, get a total, and give me some bills. I was soooo tempted to ask her if they counted it by hand but refrained. Since tomorrow is some goofy holiday, the bank won't be open and I plan on leaving as soon as I can on Saturday so I just grabbed the can and left. Walking out the door, I started laughing to myself out loud. Exchanging coins for bills takes a matter of hours, if not overnight.

No comments: