22 September, 2004

All Things Geeky

Crank up your RealOne thingy and check out the new Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy radio drama! I complete forgot about this until I was reminded this morning. It should be amusing. In the same vein, here's some news on the new Doctor Who series. I'm sure it'll make it's way across the pond eventually.

...OK - I just emailed BBC America imploring them to carry the new series.

I have received multiple confirmations that a few of my t-shirts have been shipped. We have my Miskatonic University Department of Thaumaturgy shirt, one with a picture of Julius Caesar and Latin phrases, a King Crimson tee, and a trio from Think Geek consisting of one with the molecular composition of caffeine, one with the molecular composition of capsacin, and one that says, "No I will not fix your computer". So hopefully by Friday I'll be wearing some new geeky duds.

I must make that salad today. Neither Stevie nor Becca really cook so those tomatoes will just rot away unless I do something with them. And so it's gonna be tomato/cuke salad with mozz. Perhaps I should buy some fresh basil to go in it. Christ, I dunno if we have any balsamic. Damned culinary conundrums! Another thing to do today is make a copy of that Pavement show for Miss Jolene. I should really just whip up a to-do list.

Kewl beans! I found an mp3 of the new Hitchhiker's radio show for download. The bits come to me as I type. I sure wish this Dick Thompson show would finish downloading as I'm keen to listen to it. I see that another person is snagging a Gong show from me. You wouldn't think they'd be so popular. I checked out the file list of the person who's grabbing it and it confirms my worst fears - there are Sammy Hagar boots to be had. Well, there are 7.46 terabytes of stuff to be had at this hub so there's bound to be crap. Ah, I see that a few people are arguing about Miles Davis right now - about whether or not his 70s stuff was any good. Uh oh! Sun Ra got dragged into the mess.

No comments: