28 September, 2004

I've Got A Feeling

Most of my morning was spent down at TH drinking coffee, doing crossword puzzles, and helping out The Caffeinatrix. A woman was there for a spell who, in The Caffeinatrix's words, was "probably the most beautiful woman we've ever had in here." And beautiful she was. Ivory skin contrasting with dark hair...mmm...

I now have some lemony biscotti to bring to Mel when I go visit her in a couple hours. My interview ended up not being changed to this afternoon so I'll have time to futz about. I must call Mia and find a time to meet up with her this evening as well.

My bookmaking class last night was amusing. It had been a long time since I'd been in the Humanities building. I eschewed the elevator and walked up to the 7th floor with a bag containing 2 laptops which grew increasingly heavier as I ascended the stairs. It was a small class and, excepting the bio-chem major, everyone had experience in the paper arts. So there I was without a shred of artistic ability. But I'm proud of myself as I managed to master the pamphlet stitch. I may be able to fix computers but activities involving needles and thread are horrifying to me. I couldn't tie a know to save my life and thusly am at the mercy of others when I lose a button. We also made custom rubber stamps as well as played with paste. My little paste jobbie looked like something Jackson Pollock might due if he had brain damage. Hopefully I can come out of this class with the ability to make some nice low-key thingy. Something not too gaudy - more utilitarian - but uniquely me. I'll leave the art to the professionals. They do it well and I don't. A man's gotta know his limitations.

The Dulcinea called yesterday wanting to tell me that I seem blue and that she was available if I wanted to talk. I also received an email from her with the following:

"I was thinking about how frustrating I've found it to have such an undefined, and seemingly (perhaps due to my lack of romantic imagination or previous experience) indefinable relationship with you.

I was thinking 'I wish things could be less complicated' - because I
just don't know what I think about things between us. Because sometimes my desire to have a definition is so strong, it overwhelms...

This could be the opportune moment to sever our ties. I'm horrible at this relationshipy stuff. On the one hand, I'm not out to keep her in limbo nor hurt her. But I like the sex. If we were to part ways now, I probably wouldn't get laid for years. So is it fair? Am I now this wretched monster toying with a wonderful woman's feelings? I'm the wrong age for this. Women my age all seem to want committed relationships and children and families but I don't want to be a family man. At least not yet. Hey, if Tony Randall can sire youngins at 77, so can I. In the end, I suppose I owe it to The Dulicinea to respond to the email and let her know exactly how I feel. Ugh. Must step-up the search for a new fraulein.

No comments: